Crispy on the outside, and moist but not soggy on the inside. This is a family favorite made by my mom, so whenever you are making food using stuffed zucchini you can always use the inner flesh to make a batch, or just go ahead and make one from scratch, these are kid-friendly and great for breakfast, an appetizer, or a side dish. You can also make this with Cauliflower.
- 7 zucchini cored, the inner flesh makes approximately one minced cup
- If making with Cauliflower you need to boil the cauliflower first, and drain any excess liquid. Would make approx 1 cup as well.
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- ¾ cup minced parsley
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 2 eggs
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- ¾ cup sieved flour
- ½ TSP Tabasco (optional)
- 1 garlic glove (optional)
- Sprinkle Zucchini with some salt and set aside to drain water.
- If making Cauliflower you need to boil it, then let the liquid drain.
- Sprinkle salt on diced onions to allow excess liquid to drain.
- Using a cheese cloth, drain any excess liquid from the zucchini and onions.
- Add zucchini, onions, and parsley into food processor and pulse.
- Add salt, cumin, and eggs, and pulse again.
- Add flour and let the mixture come to desire consistency, you want it runny, but not liquid runny. If needed add more flour one TBSP at a time.
- You can cover and refrigerate until you need to fry it.
- Cover a frying pan with vegetable oil, it needs to be full yet shallow.
- I used an ice-cream scooper for mine. Bring out the mixture and add. Do not turn until the top is bubbly like a pan cake.
- Flip, let cook until golden brown and repeat.