Smoked aubergine & tahini dip which is great for dipping your veggies into, or have the Middle Eastern way, and enjoy with fried Pita bread next to your favorite dish.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP Yogurt
- 1 TBSP Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for topping
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Pomegranate for garnish (optional)
- Place eggplant on a gas burner stove and grill by turning all sides until tender and well charred. this will take around 30 – 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow eggplant to cool completely before peeling. Then cut in half, and scoop out the insides with a spoon into a large bowl.
- Using a wooden garlic masher, pound the garlic glove thin, then add the eggplant and mash into the garlic mixture.
- Add the tahini yogurt, salt, and lemon, and mix thoroughly using a fork until you have a rough paste.
- Spread paste into a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and pomegranate and serve.