https://larahadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/BroccoliSoup.jpg 762 1222 Lara http://larahadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/LaraAbdulhadiLOGO-300x152.png Lara2017-02-10 07:54:222018-12-24 10:11:07Cream of Broccoli Soup
I am not a broccoli soup person, but my husband is. You can’t go wrong with this super creamy texture.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 400 grams broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 TSP Cumin
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Croutons for garnish
- In a medium pot, melt butter, and then add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add flour and cook, stirring, until combined, 1 minute.
- Whisking constantly, add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Add broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is very tender, 20 minutes. Add peas, and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the mixture (depending on the size you might need to do this in batches), and then return to pot fully pureed.
- Add cumin, salt/pepper, and mix.
- Then add cream, and heat over medium heat, until blended
- Serve and garnish with mint leaves and crotons