The luxurious flavors of truffles and cream transform everyday pasta into an elegant Italian-style dish—perfect for dinner parties or savory weeknight feasts. I found a truffle butter while grocery shopping this weekend and needless to say it did not disappoint.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion diced finely (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 Stick Truffle Butter (Don’t like truffles, go for regular unsalted the base of the sauce is the same)
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 1 TSP Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream (500 ML)
- 1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
- ¾ Cup grated Parmesan
Alfredo Sauce Directions
- In a sauce pan add olive oil and cook onions until golden.
- Add butter, and let it melt.
- Once melted add salt/pepper to your liking, followed by nutmeg.
- Lower heat and gradually add cooking cream while stirring with a whisk.
- Once incorporated with butter, whisk the egg in a bowl and mix gradually into the thickened sauce.
- Finally add Parmesan cheese and mix until it’s melts and thickens your sauce.
- Enjoy your Alfredo sauce with sautéed mushrooms and chicken, or with seared shrimps seasoned with paprika. Garnish with Parsley.