So, coleslaw – a favorite next to fried chicken, burgers, wings, or just about anything that goes under the fast food category. Personally, I’m not a big fan, I might take a bite, but Oz my husband, is a die-hard coleslaw lover.
With the weather warming up and the BBQ skewers getting their affairs in order, coleslaw is the perfect side for those who want a quick and convenient salad on the side.
This recipe is inspired by the coleslaw made by Chef Bobby Flay, but I have made a few adjustments to the original recipe in a manner that we love at our home.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 1/2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Vinegar
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- In a bowl mix together all dressing ingredients and refrigerate until serving time.
- Mix the carrots and cabbage in a bowl and chill until serving time.
- Refrigerate for one to two hours before eating for optimum results.
- Before eating just toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.