When I first told mu husband we’re having chicken with chickpeas for lunch, he gave me a disapproving look. Needless to say, he scraped more chickpeas off his plate than I ever did! This is a winner, tossed together in 5 minutes and baked for 30. Talk about quick and delicious.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Chicken Peas
- 2 Cups Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Parsley for Garnish
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1/2 TBSP Cajun Spice
- 1 TSP Salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Paprika
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 2 TBSPs of Marinade
- In a bowl mix all marinade ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt with 2 TBSP of the marinade and refrigerate.
- Lay chicken in an oven proof dish, and rub with marinade. Add the chicken peas and cherry tomatoes, and toss in remaining marinade.
- Bake at 240 for 30 minute uncovered.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with yogurt. Or you can serve the yogurt sauce on the side.