A satisfying weekend brunch using leftover bread.
I use dinner rolls or hamam bread that hasn’t been used to pack lunch boxes during the week to minimize food waste in our household. Or you can use a traditional recipe by frying pita bread.
- Dinner rolls shredded into squares
- 1 cup humus
- 2 garlic cloves, or more to taste
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy tahini
- 3 TBSP Lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 TBSP ghee
- Pine Nuts or Slivered Almonds
- Put the bread in a pre-heated oven or toasted for 5 minutes.
- Mix yogurt, lemon, tahini, and garlic. Add salt to your liking.
- Mix the bread with the humus, you might add some of the starchy water you used to make the humus with this mixture as you don’t want it dense.
- Place the bread in the bottom of your serving dish. Followed by a layer of your yogurt mixture.
- Fry your pine nuts or slivered almonds with a tbsp. of ghee.
- Garnish with parsley, cumin, sumac, chickpeas, and nuts. You can add pomegranate seeds if in season.
- I like to add the remaining tbsps. of ghee on top of the mixture for extra flavor.